April 20 & 21 2019
Icebreaker Question: The phrase “woulda, coulda, shoulda” is always used when looking back on something we’ve done and would do differently if given the chance again. Share a “woulda, coulda, shoulda” story with the group. [Leader Note: This is the icebreaker so you can keep it light]
- What challenged you, confused you, or changed you during the weekend’s message?
- Read Luke 15:11-32 together. The truth for every one of us is that the story of the prodigal son is also part of our story.
- Who are all of the different people and roles in this passage?
- Who do you resonate the most with in this story?
- As we read this passage in Luke we see that eventually the younger son embraces his regret, recognizes his regret, releases his regret and he is redeemed. Share where are you in that sequence in your relationship with Jesus.
Life at Home Question: Think about your own life, we all need to start over at different times. In What area of your life do you need to embrace, recognize, release and let Jesus redeem your regret?
Take some time this week to stop and talk to God about what step or steps he is calling you to make.
When you pray together as a group, if you are comfortable share with the group if there is a way that they can be praying for you along these lines.