Welcome to My World: Mary’s Worry
December 9-10, 2017
- Icebreaker Question: Do you tend to worry more about something in the past, present, or future? In what ways is this worry weighing you down?
- What challenged you, confused you, or changed you during the weekend’s message?
- Read Luke 1:26-34. If you were Mary, what would you be most worried about?
- Ron taught Mary’s progressed from worry to worship, worship to wonder, and wonder to willing surrender. How does worship in the midst of anxiety/worry change your perspective?
- Read Philippians 4:6-7. Describe a time in your life when you were able to release a worry to God through prayer. What was the outcome?
- In the PHILLIPS translation of 1 Peter 5:7, it reads, “You can throw the whole weight of your anxieties upon him, for you are his personal concern.” How does this verse challenge you? Encourage you?
- Life at Home Question: Ron challenged us to consider a choice: Continue to carry the weight of worry or rest on the reality of Christ and carry it to him. As a group, list ways that you can throw your anxieties, worries, cares, and concerns to God and allow Him to carry them for you. Which way that you listed can you focus on this week?