March 31-April 1, 2018
- Icebreaker Question: What was your favorite Easter tradition growing up as a child? What’s been your favorite tradition as an adult?
- What challenged you, confused you, or changed you during the weekend’s message?
- Which of the seven sayings of the Cross impact you the most? Why?
- Father forgive them for they don’t know what they’re doing. Luke 23:34
- Today you will be with me in Paradise. Luke 23:43
- Woman here is your son. Here is your mother. John 19:26-27
- My God, my God why have you forsaken me? Mark 15:34
- I thirst. John 19:28
- It is finished. John19:30
- Into your hands I commit my spirit. Luke 23:46
- As you think about all the characters in the Crucifixion and Resurrection stories, which character do you identify with the most? Why?
- A scholar once wrote, if we remove the Christmas story, we lose 4 chapters in the New Testament. If we remove the death and resurrection of the Jesus, we lose the New Testament. How do you leverage the power and transformation of the Easter story in your life and to others?
- Life at Home Question: When Jesus died he committed his spirit to God showing he was in control until the end. It also shows how big God’s hands are. When was the last time you committed something into God’s hands? What has changed in you since?