March 10-11, 2018
- Icebreaker Question: Is it wrong to question God? Why or why not.
- What challenged you, confused you, or changed you during the weekend’s message?
- What are some of the “why” questions you have directed toward God in the past?
- Brent outlined that in Jesus’ sacrifice, we see Jesus as our rescuer, redeemer, and reconciler.
- If Jesus is our rescuer, what did he rescue us from? Why couldn’t we rescue ourselves? [see Galatians 1:4 & 2 Corinthians 5:21]
- If Jesus is our redeemer, why was Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross an acceptable payment for our sins? [see Isaiah 64:6 & Ephesians 2:8-9]
- If Jesus is our reconciler, why did God have to “turn away” from Jesus on the cross? [see Philippians 2:8 & Hebrews 12:1-2]
- Brent taught that God suffered for us and suffered with us. What moment in the suffering that Jesus endured in his final days most affects or impacts you? Why?
- Life at Home Question: Pathway has developed a 21 Days of Prayer and Fasting guide. How can our small group participate together through these days leading up to Easter? [You can also get a digital copy through the Life at Home app.]