How to Live Carefree: Whatever is Lovely
February 3-4, 2018
- Icebreaker Question: What was your favorite Super Bowl commercial this past weekend? What is your all-time favorite Super Bowl commercial?
- What challenged you, confused you, or changed you during the weekend’s message?
- John said in his sermon, “Whatever is lovely to God should be lovely to me.” What is lovely to you? [Wait for responses.] What is lovely to God? If there are differences, why is that?
- In John’s teaching he used 4 dominos to illustrate that every Christian had people, events, and experiences that were dominos, which became a chain reaction as God drew you closer to Himself. Take a moment to think, what and who were the dominos in your life that were there as you became a Christian?
- When have you been a domino in someone else’s life before they became a Christian? What happened?
- Read Acts 4:13. When do you feel unqualified talking about Jesus and your Christian life? What do you think you need to overcome this feeling?
- Life at Home Question: In John’s final point he said, “God is responsible for the results.” If our job is to be the domino in the lives of people far from God all around us and God is responsible for the results, how can you be a domino this week? What is your plan? Close your small group time praying for your plans.