Welcome to My World: Herod’s Pride
December 16-17, 2017
- Icebreaker Question: Not all pride is bad. As you look at your life, what are you the most proud of? Your family? Your career? Accomplishment? Your favorite team or school? Something else? Why?
- What challenged you, confused you, or changed you during the weekend’s message?
- Ron’s Big Idea was Whoever is king of your heart will rule your life. One way to discover who or what rules your life is to ask yourself, “Generally what’s the first thing you focus on when you wake up?” Share this with your group.
- Read Proverbs 13:10. Pride is found throughout many stories in Scripture. Why is pride such a universal sin?
- The fear of losing control can drive us in negative ways. What area of your life is the most outside of your control right now? How does that make you feel?
- Life at Home Question: Read James 4:10. When humbleness is forced upon us, we experience humiliation. When we chose it, we find life. What area of your life, work, family, relationships, responsibilities, etc. do you need to bring humility to this week?