Satisfied: Identity Shift
January 5-6, 2019
Icebreaker Question: Name one thing you were so excited to purchase that left you disappointed or with buyer’s remorse only moments or days later.
- What challenged you, confused you, or changed you during the weekend’s message?
- What does our culture elevate as the things that will bring us satisfaction?
- Pastor Ron said that our level of satisfaction is determined by our depth of trust in God. Read Proverbs 3:5-6 It says to “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.” What areas of your life are the hardest to “trust God with all of your heart” in? What makes those areas more difficult to let go of completely?
- Another one of the challenges Pastor Ron talked about on Sunday was anchoring our identity in whom we belong to instead of what belongs to us. He said that we take our identity with us wherever we go. What is your identity? Or Where is your identity rooted? How does thinking about your identity this way make you look at your life differently?
- Ephesians 1:1-14 uses the phrase “in Christ” several times. What does it mean to be “in Christ”? What does that mean for who we are and how we see ourselves?
Life at Home Question: As you drill down personally to where your identity is rooted. What adjustments do you need to make this week that will help you root your identity more fully in Jesus?