Job Title: Receptionist – Afternoon Hours
Supervisor: Office Manager
Hours: Part time position – 18-20 hours/week, Monday-Thursday, Afternoon Hours
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The position of Receptionist for Pathway Community Church creates a powerful first impression. This individual is the first point of contact for phone calls and visitors to the office, both to those who call Pathway home, and those within our community who may be seeking guidance. The goal of this position is to minister effectively to those who call or stop in our office.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This individual must love God and people and have a vital, growing relationship with Jesus Christ. The ideal candidate will possess excellent verbal and interpersonal skills and be proficient in Word and Excel for various applications such as database management or word processing. They must also have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain confidentiality. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Tasks are outlined by detailed work guidelines, policy, or supervision. Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by the supervisor. A listing of standard tasks anticipated include:
- Operates multiline telephone system to answer incoming calls and directs callers to appropriate personnel or department.
- Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel.
- Takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Makes follow up and administrative phone calls.
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Receives, sorts, and routes mail, and maintains and routes publications.
- Assists the Office Manager with various responsibilities on a weekly basis.
- Maintains various office equipment in addition to assisting users with the fax machine, sending faxes, and retrieving and routing incoming faxes.
- Takes payments for PCC sponsored events.
- Builds and actively engages a team of volunteer receptionists.
- Assist with mailings and be knowledgeable about postage machine and bulk mailings.
- Orders, receives, and maintains office supplies.
- Update, maintain and input visitors into church database.
- Attend monthly “all staff” meeting.
- Performs other ministry assistant duties as needed or assigned by supervisor.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Cooperation – Offers assistance and support to co-workers.
- Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Conflict Resolution – Confronts difficult situations.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Initiative – Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently.
- Problem Solving – Endeavors to answer questions by callers and guests based upon limited information
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.