Job Title: Project 5/Youth Administration Coordinator
Supervisor: Student Ministries Pastor
Hours: Full time position – 30 hours/week
FLSA Status: Hourly – Non-Exempt
The position of Project 5/Youth Administration Coordinator plays a vital role in the daily operations of our ministry. This position’s primary mission is to lead and facilitate a life-changing ministry to 5th grade students by owning the vision “to build a bridge to living a vibrant faith in middle school”, while also providing administrative leadership for all of PCC ministries. They will use their personal gifts and technical skills to contribute to the overall effectiveness and efficiency of this department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This individual must be a committed follower of Jesus Christ with a call to student ministry. The incumbent must also be a member of Pathway or is willing to become one. The ideal candidate will possess excellent creative, writing, and presentation skills as well as possess strong interpersonal, administrative, and organizational skills. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – Youth Administration
- Collaborate within all departments of student ministries to successfully carry out the administrative needs, utilizing volunteers as needed.
- Utilize current technologies to develop systems and processes to meet the administrative needs within the department.
- Maintain attendance database for weekly youth programs, ensuring all contact information in database, as well as for our youth texting system, is accurate.
- Provide support as needed with the preparation and execution of youth activities and events, as well as with registrations, overseeing the entire process through to completion.
- Prioritize workload to meet department needs based upon department priorities.
- Assist as needed with the implementation of personal-touch elements to students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – Project 5 Coordinator
- Collaborate with the Student Ministries Team to plan and develop content and curriculum, as well as create Project 5 ministry strategy and schedule.
- Facilitate a growing connection between 5th grade students and the Middle School Associate Directors.
Oversee and lead Project 5 weekly programming and events. This entails the following:
- Utilize the Project 5 room to create a fun, relational, and engaging environment for 5th grade students.
- Plan and implement creative and engaging ministry activities.
- Develop and utilize Challenge Cards/God Time handouts to guide Life@Home discipleship.
- Plan Project 5 outings and events.
- Recruit, coach, develop, and encourage High School small group leaders for each service.
- Lead all three Project 5 services at least two weekends/month.
Lead and facilitate Life@Home initiatives within a team-based youth ministry structure. This entails the following:
- Develop and implement initiatives which enhance the partnership between parents and our Project 5 Ministry.
- Develop and implement initiatives which enhance the conversation between students and parents.
- Develop and implement initiatives which equip students to be missionaries in their home.
- Develop and implement initiatives which equip parents to face the unique challenges that come with parenting a teen.
This position provides oversight and supervision of volunteer teams.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Job Knowledge – Tasks are outlined by detailed work guidelines, policy or supervision with creativity and initiative utilized to meet the needs of the department and position. Capable of following written and verbal direction from policies, procedures, and Student Ministries Team.
- Use of Technology – Adapts to new technologies; uses technology to increase productivity. Use and proficiency of Microsoft Office, email and other office PC tools.
- Cooperation – Offers assistance and support to co-workers.
- Teamwork – Team player mentality with the desire to help other team members improve and succeed.
- Adaptability – Uses policies, procedures and supervision to prioritize and manage competing demands.
- Quality/Quantity – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness while completing work in a timely manner.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; Preference given to individual with undergraduate degree, but not required; 3+ years related experience.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.