Job Title: KidCity TinyTown Coordinator (for children ages six weeks to two years)
Supervisor: Small Group Associate Director
Hours: Full time position – 30 hours/week
FLSA Status: Hourly – Non-Exempt
The position of TinyTown Coordinator for Pathway Community Church plays a vital role in the daily operations of our ministry. This position coordinates all aspects of TinyTown, overseeing weekend activities during the church services, preparing lesson plans, and organizing activities throughout the week. This individual works to keep operations safe and impactful for the spiritual development and care of children ages six weeks to two years, KidCity volunteers, and parents. This includes coordination with and between the department’s Pastor/Director, volunteers, and congregation members to ensure that TinyTown runs smoothly. This position will also include selecting and editing small group lessons, storytelling and training other storytellers, maintaining and purchasing all toys and supplies, and executing room setup. This individual will perform routine administrative functions such as drafting correspondence to volunteers and assisting with special events and mailings. The incumbent will seek to use their personal gifts and technical skills for the benefit of the church by contributing to the overall effectiveness and efficiency of this particular department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This individual must love God and people and have a vital, growing relationship with Jesus Christ. The ideal candidate will possess excellent organization, creative, writing, and presentation skills. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write weekly small group lessons for TinyTown classrooms and disseminate to volunteers.
- Train and lead volunteers to present and engage children in classroom setting, ensuring proper content delivery.
- Prepare a weekly GodTime for “Life at Home” experiences.
- Ensure safety, sanitization, and appropriate materials are in the classrooms and are organized prior to the weekend.
- Answer volunteer questions throughout the weekend, solving problems as they occur or escalating to appropriate decision-makers when needed.
- Ensure TinyTown runs smoothly—finding substitutes and using judgement and adaptability to make quick decisions to ensure a safe, productive weekend ministry.
- Storytelling in TinyTown as scheduled.
- Regularly utilize Word, Publisher, and Google Docs to create communication and write small and large group lessons.
- Prioritize workload to meet department needs based on department priorities.
- Closely follow rules and procedures to solve routine problems as they relate to the administrative tasks of TinyTown ministry.
- Work during the weekend services to provide leadership to volunteers, provide help to parents, and lead relationships between children and volunteers.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Job Knowledge – Tasks are outlined by detailed work guidelines, policy, or supervision. Capable of following written and verbal direction from policies, procedures, and management team.
- Use of Technology – Adapts to new technologies; uses technology to increase productivity. Uses and is proficient in Microsoft Office, email, and other office PC tools.
- Cooperation – Offers assistance and support to co-workers. Backs up volunteers when absent.
- Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Adaptability – Uses policies, procedures, and supervision to prioritize and manage competing demands.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Organization – Is able to keep all classrooms and supplies organized and clean.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Initiative – Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Planning – Uses time efficiently, seeks guidance when prioritizing.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Quantity – Completes work in timely manner.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma; Early Childhood Education preferred; 1-2 years’ experience working with children and/or training/coursework in early childhood education and CDA; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.