Job Title: Associate Director – KidCity Uptown (children kindergarten – 4th grade)
Supervisor: KidCity Associate Director
Hours: Full time position – 40+ hours/week
FLSA Status: Exempt
The position of Associate Director of UpTown for Pathway Community Church plays a vital role in the daily operations of our ministry. This position oversees all aspects of UpTown, overseeing weekend activities during the church services, preparing lesson plans for Kindergarten through 4th grade, and organizing activities throughout the week to keep operations safe and impactful for the spiritual development and care of children in UpTown, the volunteers, and the parents. This includes coordination with and between the department’s pastor/director, volunteers, and congregation members to ensure that UpTown is running smoothly. This individual may perform routine administrative functions such as drafting correspondence to volunteers and assisting with special events and mailings. The incumbent will seek to use their personal gifts and technical skills for the benefit of the church by contributing to the overall effectiveness and efficiency of this particular department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This individual must love God and people and have a vital, growing relationship with Jesus Christ. The ideal candidate will possess excellent organization, creativity, writing abilities, and presentation skills. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write weekly small group scripts for UpTown classrooms and disseminate to volunteers.
- Train and assimilate volunteers to present to and engage children in classroom setting, ensuring proper content delivery.
- Train and oversee large group storytellers and maintain weekend schedule for UpTown K1 Clubhouse.
- Prepare a weekly GodTime for Life at Home experiences.
- Ensure appropriate materials are in the large group and small group rooms and that they are safe, sanitized, and organized prior to weekend.
- Answer volunteer questions throughout the weekend, solving problems as they occur.
- Set up weekly props needed in K1 Clubhouse and Studio 24.
- Collaborate with TinyTown and MidTown Coordinators to create consistency in small groups.
- Ensure UpTown runs smoothly—finding substitutes and using judgment and adaptability to make quick decisions that will ensure a safe and productive weekend ministry.
- Write and brainstorm large group experiences, in collaboration with curriculum team, for TinyTown, MidTown, and UpTown.
- Participate in the teaching team in UpTown.
- Regularly utilize Word, Publisher, and Google Docs to create communication and write scripts.
- Prioritize workload to meet department needs based on department priorities.
- Follow rules and procedures as a guide for decision-making and routine problem-solving as they relate to the tasks of UpTown ministry.
- Work during the weekend services to provide leadership to volunteers, to help parents, and to foster relationships between children and volunteers.
This position supervises UpTown volunteers and provides oversight and direction to work methods, tasks, and other activities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Job Knowledge – Tasks are outlined by detailed work guidelines, policy, or supervision. Capable of following written and verbal direction from policies, procedures and management team. Moderate supervision required.
- Use of Technology – Adapts to new technologies; uses technology to increase productivity. Use and proficiency of Microsoft Office, email, and other office PC tools.
- Cooperation – Offers assistance and support to co-workers. Backs up volunteers when they are absent.
- Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Adaptability – Uses policies, procedures, and supervision to prioritize and manage competing demands.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Organization – Keeps classrooms, UpTown theaters, and supplies organized and clean.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Initiative – Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Planning – Uses time efficiently, seeks guidance when prioritizing.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Quantity – Completes work in timely manner.
Education and/or Experience:
Successful completion of post high school education with a bachelor’s degree in children’s ministry or equivalent.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.