Job Title: KidCity MidTown Coordinator (children ages 3-5)
Supervisor: KidCity Associate Director
Hours: Full time position – 35 hours/week
FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
The position of MidTown Coordinator for Pathway Community Church plays a vital role in the daily operations of our ministry. This position coordinates all aspects of MidTown, overseeing weekend activities during the church services, preparing lesson plans, and organizing activities throughout the week to keep operations safe and impactful for the spiritual development and care of children ages 3-5, volunteers, and parents. This includes coordination with and between the department’s pastor/director, volunteers, and congregation members to ensure that MidTown is running smoothly. This may include selecting and editing small group lessons, storytelling and training other storytellers, maintaining and purchasing all toys and supplies, and room set-up. This individual may perform routine administrative functions such as drafting correspondence to volunteers and assisting with special events and mailings. The incumbent will seek to use their personal gifts and technical skills for the benefit of the church by contributing to the overall effectiveness and efficiency of this particular department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This individual must love God and people and have a vital, growing relationship with Jesus Christ. The ideal candidate will possess excellent organization, creative, writing, and presentation skills. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Tasks are outlined by detailed work guidelines, policy, or supervision. Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by the supervisor. A listing of standard tasks anticipated include:
- Write weekly small group lessons for MidTown classrooms and distribute to volunteers.
- Train and lead volunteers to present and engage children in classroom setting, ensuring proper content delivery.
- Review and edit as needed the weekly God Time (devotional page) for Life at Home experiences.
- Ensure safety, sanitization, and appropriate materials are in large group theater and classrooms as well as ensuring set up for the weekend is complete, including technical cues, props, and run-through with scheduled storyteller.
- Answer volunteer questions throughout the weekend, solving problems as they occur or directing to appropriate decision-makers when needed.
- Ensure MidTown runs smoothly, finding substitutes, and using judgment and adaptability to make quick decisions to ensure a safe, productive weekend ministry.
- Teach large group lessons in the MidTown theater as needed.
- Regularly utilize Word, Publisher, and Google Docs to create communication and write lessons.
- Work during the weekend services to provide leadership to volunteers, provide help to parents, and lead relationships between children and volunteers.
- Communicate with volunteers throughout the week with follow-up conversations, scheduling, and care needs.
- Lead MidTown huddle prior to service, casting vision and discipling volunteers.
- Coordinate with KidCity Media to make proper changes to ProPresenter, Vista, lighting for the weekend.
- Collaborate with Director and Associate Director to develop new content for large group theater.
- Work with TinyTown and UpTown Coordinators in collecting information to help kids with special care needs.
- Work with KidCity Ministry Assistant to order new materials/props/toys for MidTown.
This position supervises all MidTown volunteers and provides oversight and gives direction to work methods, tasks, and other activities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Job Knowledge – Tasks are outlined by detailed work guidelines, policy, or supervision. Capable of following written and verbal direction from policies, procedures and management team. Moderate supervision required.
- Use of Technology – Adapts to new technologies; uses technology to increase productivity. Uses and is proficient in Microsoft Office, email, and other office PC tools.
- Cooperation – Offers assistance and support to co-workers. Backs up volunteers when absent.
- Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Adaptability – Uses policies, procedures and supervision to prioritize and manage competing demands.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Organization – Able to keep all classrooms, MidTown theater, and supplies organized and clean.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Initiative – Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Planning – Uses time efficiently; seeks guidance when prioritizing.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Quantity – Completes work in timely manner.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma; 1-2 years’ experience working with children and/or training/coursework in early childhood education and CDA; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.