Job Title: Facilities Maintenance Associate Director
Supervisor: Facilities Director
Hours: Flexible part-time hours with possible full-time hours available — weekend flexibility as needed
FLSA Status: Hourly – Non-Exempt
The position of Facilities Maintenance Associate Director plays an important role in the daily operations of our ministry. Under the direct supervision of the Facilities Director, this position’s primary focus is to care for and maintain the property at both Pathway Community Church (PCC) locations. This team member will assist with various maintenance and repair tasks pertaining to electrical, plumbing, and all equipment needs as well as assist with seasonal property maintenance. The incumbent will seek to use their personal gifts and skills to contribute to the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the church.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This individual must love God and people and have a vital, growing relationship with Jesus Christ. The incumbent will be self-driven and results oriented. In addition, this person must have a positive outlook, be reliable, and a team player. The ideal candidate will possess the skill sets required for general maintenance and repair needs, excellent verbal and interpersonal skills, and demonstrate great attention to detail. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Tasks are outlined by general work guidelines or instruction, policy, or supervision. Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
- Assist with seasonal property maintenance such as snow removal, lawn care, landscaping, mowing
- Work together with the Facilities Director to provide general care and maintenance of the facilities such as, but not limited to, painting, floor care, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, drywall repair, etc…
- Maintain the upkeep of all outdoor equipment, i.e. trucks, bobcat, Kubota tractor, mowers, etc… along with proper maintenance of indoor cleaning equipment
- Stay well informed and have a general working knowledge of the building systems and operations along with knowledge of PCC’s Emergency Procedure Manual
- Act as point of contact and communicate with co-workers, department heads, and outside vendors, for all maintenance inquiries, in the absence of the Facilities Director
- Assist Facility Care Team as needed with event setups, tear downs, and general cleaning to ensure the facilities maintain a pristine appearance and are at peak operational capability
This position may provide oversight as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Capable of working a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends to support special events as needed
- Offers assistance and support to co-workers while being a team player
- Follows instructions — responds to management direction
- Uses time efficiently — able to set priorities and organize work effectively
- Ability to safely operate a variety of hand and power tools
- Use of Technology — adapts to new technologies; uses technology to increase productivity where applicable. Use and proficiency of Microsoft Office, email, and other office PC tools.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent required; preference given to self-driven individuals with a general working knowledge of electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.