Job Title: Facilities Maintenance Assistant
Supervisor: Facilities Director
Hours: Full-time position – 40 hours/week – Weekend rotation
FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
We are currently seeking an energetic and highly-motivated individual to join our team as a Facilities Maintenance Assistant. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a vibrant, growing organization that offers competitive pay, full-time benefits, a great working environment, and a chance to grow within a wonderful organization.
The position of Facilities Maintenance Assistant plays an important role in the daily operations of our ministry. This position will work in conjunction with the Facilities team to maintain a clean and orderly space for Pathway Community Church (PCC) visitors and attendees as well as assist with providing routine maintenance and repair of the building, grounds, and equipment at both PCC locations. The incumbent will seek to use their personal gifts and skills to contribute to the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the church.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This individual must love God and people and have a vital, growing relationship with Jesus Christ. The incumbent will be self-driven, results oriented, and be able to take direction, in addition to being reliable, teachable, and showing great attention to detail. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with seasonal property maintenance such as snow removal, lawn care, landscaping, mowing.
- Work together with the departmental team to provide general care and maintenance of the facilities, i.e., painting, floor care, etc.
- Maintain the upkeep of all outdoor equipment, i.e. trucks, bobcat, Kubota tractor, mowers, etc.
- Routine cleaning of building after Saturday evening service and Sunday morning services as well as after special events.
- Stay well informed, and have a general working knowledge, of the building systems and operations.
- Assist Facility Care Team as needed with event setups and tear downs.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Flexibility – Capable of working a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends to support special events
- Cooperation – Offers assistance and support to co-workers while being a team player
- Adaptability – Uses policies and procedures to prioritize and manage competing demands
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently
- Use of Technology – Adapts to new technologies; uses technology to increase productivity where applicable. Use and proficiency of Microsoft Office, email, and other office PC tools.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent; Preference given to individuals with 2-4 years’ experience and a general knowledge of equipment maintenance.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.