Bridges of Understanding
November 4-5, 2017
- Icebreaker: When have you been in a situation as the minority? What happened in you as a result?
- What challenged you, confused you, or changed you during the weekend’s message?
- What are some of the barriers to bridges being built across the divides in our nation?
- Read John 17:20-23. In your opinion, what is Christ’s vision for His church? On a scale of 1 to 10, how do you feel the Church doing with His vision? What should Pathway focus on to carry Jesus’ vision?
- Read Proverbs 2:2-6. What are barriers and boundaries in your life that prevent a deeper understanding of people around you? How did the barriers and boundaries come into your life?
Marshall made a compelling argument that we will not grow until we are uncomfortable. He said that when we are uncomfortable and in the minority, then we can build understanding. Where can you pursue uncomfortable settings and situations this week to deepen understanding?