Job Title: AVL Technician
Supervisor: Worship Director
Hours: 40+ hours/week
FLSA Status: Salaried/Exempt
The position of AVL Technician for Pathway Community Church (PCC) plays a vital role in the daily operations of our ministry. This individual will oversee the execution for the production team in all PCC live environments including weekend gatherings, holiday experiences, and any live events where production support is needed (in person or online). The incumbent will seek to use their personal gifts and skills for the benefit of the church by contributing to the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the team, the department, lay volunteers, and affiliated ministries.
This individual must love God and people and have a vital, growing relationship with Jesus Christ, demonstrating spiritual maturity and integrity. They must embrace the values, vision, and goals of PCC. The ideal candidate will possess excellent verbal and interpersonal skills while also having a strong technical background. In addition, the candidate will possess strong organizational and administrative skills along with the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced, results-driven, and high-accountability work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties are outlined by general guidelines and require creativity and initiative to help execute the direction and vision of PCC’s leadership. Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by the supervisor. A listing of standard tasks anticipated include:
- Execute the vision of the Worship Director regarding team discipleship, training, production, and general support of online and on-premises ministries, while advising on the overall creative experience
- Collaborate with the creative team from idea conception to final production setup and execution, utilizing skill sets to continually grow our capabilities as a church
- Proactively recruit, train, mentor/disciple, organize and maintain a volunteer team for Pathway ministry events and weekly services that provides support in FOH, lighting, stage, and video
- Implement set up, rehearsals, services, and tear downs
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment issues
- Oversee and maintain all AVL equipment inventory—campus wide
- Weekly focus on weekends: planning and review meetings, relational development, set up and operate rehearsals and services, attend rehearsals, lead volunteers
- Be accountable for audio, video, and lighting installations
- Responsible for creating the stage design to capture the vision of the senior pastor
- Responsible for overseeing broadcasting of weekend services
- Provide organization for run-throughs and rehearsal schedules
- Set up and operate all AVL for weddings, funerals, and other events as needed
This position has full supervisory responsibility for our full-time video coordinator.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
Ability to work well in a team environment
Adapts to and has a working knowledge of latest technological advances; uses technology to increase productivity
Contributes to building a positive team atmosphere – Collaborates interdepartmentally to achieve common goals
Possess sound judgment, demonstrates wisdom and discernment – utilizes independent judgment and decision-making
Skilled in leading and developing volunteers
Excellent problem-solving and leadership skills
Prioritizes work and manages time in a way to achieve all objectives
Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and well-thought-out plans
Education and/or Experience:
Successful completion of bachelor’s degree preferred in this particular field; minimum three years related experience in the areas of audio, lighting, and IMAG video.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.