Job Title: Technical Coordinator
Supervisor: Technical Associate Director
Hours: 40 hours/week
FLSA Status: Salaried/Exempt
The Technical Coordinator at Pathway Community Church plays a vital role in the daily operations of our ministry. This individual will work with the Technical Associate Director and Worship Director to provide support in all aspects of Pathway’s weekend service production, along with any other PCC events that require production support, to ensure our vision, to lead people into a full life found in Jesus Christ, is pursued. They will assist the Technical Associate Director in developing and implementing strategic plans and provide input with the day-to-day operations of the department. This position coordinates between the Technical Associate Director and volunteers to ensure training, coaching, and communication are provided that support the mission of the department. The goal of this position is to aid the Technical Associate Director in carrying out their leadership duties, along with providing support for the overall department. The incumbent will seek to use their personal gifts and skills for the benefit of the church by contributing to the overall effectiveness and efficiency of this particular department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute the vision of the Worship Director and Technical Associate Director with regards to team discipleship, training, and productions
- Proactively recruit, train, mentor, organize, and maintain a volunteer team for Pathway ministry events and weekly services that provides support for FOH, lighting, stage, and IMAG video
- Implement setup, rehearsals, services, and teardowns
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment issues
- Weekly focus on weekends: planning and review of meetings, relational development, set up and manage rehearsals and services, attend rehearsals, lead volunteers
- Provide organization for run-throughs and rehearsal schedules
- Set up and operate all AVL for weddings, funerals, and other events as needed
- Provide creative direction and overall technical operation in partnership with ministry leaders for Impulse, Impact, KidCity, Women/Men’s Ministries, and other events as assigned by the Associate Technical Director
- Maintain well-functioning technical systems and production equipment
- Assist in imagination and design of stage setup for all ministry events
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Adapts to and has a working knowledge of the latest new technologies. Experience with Pro Tools, Ableton and Planning Center preferred. Uses technology to increase productivity.
- Minimal supervision required. Follows set guidelines to complete tasks. Uses discretion.
- Handles nominal confidential data; minimal discretion needed.
- Ability to self-evaluate as well as receive and respond positively to constructive feedback.
- Uses policies, procedures and supervision to prioritize and manage competing demands.
- Completes work in a timely manner.
- Supports the direction and vision of the Technical Associate Director and Leadership Team of PCC.
- Contributes to building a positive team atmosphere. Collaborates interdepartmentally to achieve common goals.
- Skilled in leading and developing volunteers
- Excellent problem-solving and leadership skills
- Prioritizes work and manages time in a way to achieve all objectives. Demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness, and well thought-out plans. Possesses sound judgment. Demonstrates wisdom and discernment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This individual must love God and people and have a vital, growing relationship with Jesus Christ. The incumbent will demonstrate flexibility with plans, people, processes, and timelines, prioritizing activities within defined department guidelines using a high level of administrative and computer skills to assure efficient work. The ideal candidate will possess excellent verbal and interpersonal skills. They must also have strong organizational and leadership skills along with the ability to multi-task. They are able to thrive in a fast-paced, results-driven, and high-accountability work environment.
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum 3-4 years related experience in the areas of live production. Successful completion of Associate’s degree and/or qualifying certification preferred.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.