Job Title: Student Ministries Assistant
Supervisor: Department Director
Hours: Part time, 20-25 hours/week
FLSA Status: Hourly – Non-Exempt
The position of Ministry Assistant for Pathway Community Church plays a vital role in the daily operations of our ministry. This individual will perform routine administrative functions such as drafting and editing correspondence, scheduling appointments, organizing and maintaining files, data entry, mailings, and assisting with special events. The goal of this position is to aid the director in carrying out his/her leadership and pastoral duties, along with providing support for the overall department. The incumbent will seek to use their personal gifts and technical skills for the benefit of the church by contributing to the overall effectiveness and efficiency of this particular department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This individual must love God and people and have a vital, growing relationship with Jesus Christ that is daily fostered in their personal time with the Lord. The ideal candidate will have a passion for students and an eager willingness to build relationships and invest in their lives. They must also possess excellent verbal skills and also have strong organizational abilities. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule and confirm appointments for immediate supervisor along with scheduling and maintaining calendar events.
- Schedule meetings with the department and volunteer groups as needed.
- Organize online registrations for upcoming events.
- Execute Wednesday night and weekend attendance check-in
- Assist Student Ministries department with all aspects of volunteer teams.
- Assist with preparations and execution of Student Ministries activities, events, and services.
- Develop and implement personal touch elements to students.
- Answer telephones as needed and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
- Closely follow rules and procedures to solve routine problems as they relate to the administrative tasks of the department’s ministry.
- Communicate routinely in writing, phone, and face-to-face, exchanging basic information needed to support department.
- Assist director with executing the budget for this ministry.
- Complete all necessary forms in accordance with Pathway’s policies and procedures.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Job Knowledge – Moderate supervision required; follows set guidelines to complete tasks. Capable of following written and verbal direction from policies, procedures, and management team.
- Use of Technology – Adapts to new technologies; uses technology to increase productivity. Use and proficiency of Microsoft Office, email, and other office PC tools.
- Cooperation – Offers assistance and support to co-workers.
- Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Adaptability – Uses policies, procedures and supervision to prioritize and manage competing demands. Is a quick learner and able to adapt to frequent change.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Initiative – Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently, seeks guidance when prioritizing.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Quantity – Completes work in timely manner.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.