Job Title: Associate Director – Graphics & Media Designer
Supervisor: Communications Director
Hours: Full time position – 40+ hours/week
FLSA Status: Salaried/Exempt
The position of Associate Director – Graphics & Media Designer plays a vital role in the daily operations of our ministry. This position will provide graphic and media support for weekend services, online entities, overall church, and all Pathway ministries. The primary responsibility of this position is to design, produce, and manage creative visuals in order to support and equip our ministries and staﬀ. They will use their personal gifts and technical skills to contribute to the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the church.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This individual must be a committed follower of Jesus Christ with a call to ministry for the purpose of utilizing graphic design to impact the body and community for Christ. The incumbent must also be a member of Pathway or is willing to become one. The ideal candidate will be able to execute high-level creative design for print and screen and be able to juggle multiple projects at one time while meeting fast-paced deadlines. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create design solutions that have a high visual impact for Pathway Community Church and its ministries for use in print and screen media.
- Conceptualize and produce original, powerful identities and visuals for sermon series, major events, and church activities.
- Collaborate with the Communications Director and other team members in designing print/website media, marketing materials, large format signage, screen content, websites, advertising, posters, t-shirts, displays, social communications, brand identity, and more.
- Update and support all Pathway web and digital entities, including the corporate website (pccfw.org), Church Online user experience (pccfw.tv), and Subsplash mobile app, among others.
- Provide visual support for digital engagement. This will include social tiles and images, email templates, in-service on-screen prompts, and digital messaging.
- Collaborate with the Worship Arts and Production Team to provide creative visual support for on-screen visual standards and lower thirds. If skill sets include motion graphics, that may also be called upon to provide.
- Develop systems and teams to increase eﬀectiveness and multiply their capacity through volunteer engagement.
This job has limited supervisory responsibility over volunteers.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Ability to manage an organized workflow that facilitates collaboration as design requests are received and delivered.
- Good interpersonal skills and strong emotional intelligence when interfacing with requesting individuals to meet and exceed their expectations.
- The ability to move from creative concept to production on design deliverables for both print and screen applications.
- A comprehensive understanding of the Pathway branding standards and a commitment to uphold those standards at every level of the organization.
- Must work well with members outside of the Communications Department with a strong value on collaboration and teamwork.
- Must take direction well from others, yet is not afraid to assert their own thoughts and ideas on design.
- A strong attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly transition from one project to another and to manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
Education and/or Experience:
Successful completion of 4-year degree with a minimum of 3-5 years related experience. Proficient understanding of Adobe Design Suite and WordPress backend are a must. Agency experience, custom development within WordPress, along with experience in producing motion graphics are all a plus. Ministry experience a plus but not necessary.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.