Job Title: Audio Associate Director
Supervisor: Technical Associate Director
Hours: Full time position – 40+ hours/week
FLSA Status: Exempt
The position of Associate Director of Audio at Pathway Community Church plays a vital role in the daily operations of our ministry. This individual will work with the Worship Director and Technical Associate Director with all aspects of producing Pathway’s weekend services, ministries, and all other events at PCC, to ensure our vision—to lead people into a full life found in Jesus Christ—is pursued. They will develop and implement strategic plans and provide input with the day-to-day operations of the department. The goal of this position is to partner with the Worship Director and Technical Associate Director in carrying out the leadership responsibilities for the overall department. The incumbent will seek to use their personal gifts and skills for the benefit of the church by contributing to the overall effectiveness and efficiency of this particulardepartment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute the vision of the Worship Director and Technical Associate Director with regard to team discipleship, training and production.
- Manage all audio contract workers to ensure the execution of weekend services is in line with Pathway’s mission and vision.
- Proactively recruit, train, mentor, organize, and maintain an audio volunteer team for Pathway ministry events and weekly services.
- Implement set-up, rehearsals, services, and tear-downs.
- Troubleshoot and repair audio equipment issues.
- Provide oversight and organization for run-throughs and rehearsal schedules.
- Ensure well-functioning audio systems and production equipment.
- Create and execute annual audio budget to support ministry strategies for worship department.
- Utilize creativity in audio post-production and digital editing.
- Work with deadlines and collaborate as a team player.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
Adapts to new technologies: Proficient in operating both digital (Yamaha CL1,3,5/Behringer X32) and analog sound boards/sound equipment. Uses technology to increase productivity.
Proficient in ProTools, Logic, Ableton, Waves, and similar recording and live sound software.
Minimal supervision required; job ownership implemented to create and set new policies and procedures as needed.
Job handles nominal confidential data; minimal discretion needed.
Uses policies and procedures as a guide to decision making with flexibility to utilize independent judgement to prioritize and manage competing demands.
Completes work in a timely manner.
Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Possess sound judgment, demonstrates wisdom and discernment.
Ability to execute the direction and vision of the Worship Director, Associate Technical Director and Leadership Team of PCC.
Adapts to and has a working knowledge of latest technological and audio advances.
Contributes to building a positive team atmosphere – Collaborates interdepartmentally to achieve common goals.
Demonstrated skill in leading and developing volunteers and paid contract workers.
Excellent problem-solving and leadership skills.
Demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness and well-thought out plans.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This individual must love God and people and have a vital, growing relationship with Jesus Christ. The ideal candidate will possess excellent verbal and interpersonal skills. They must also have strong organizational, leadership, and administrative skills with the ability to multi-task. Skill in playing an instrument or singing is a plus. Able to thrive in a fast-paced, results-driven, and high-accountability work environment.
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum 3-4 years related experience in the areas of live sound and production; Successful completion of bachelor’s degree preferred.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.